Founded in 2004 by the twin sisters Karin and Monika Gurtner, and supported by their parents Marion and Kurt, art of motion has grown from a family business of 4 to an education institute with an extended, international family of 30 – and growing.
With the head office in Berne, Switzerland and a long-established base in Perth, Australia, art of motion offers two main curriculums: Contemporary Pilates and Slings Myofascial Training, which includes Anatomy Trains in Motion. Each curriculum comprises an interconnected series of self-contained courses. In Contemporary Pilates we offer a comprehensive matwork certification and a broad spectrum of continuous education courses. The Slings Myofascial Training curriculum is a higher education for certified movement teachers and movement-savvy bodyworkers.
Facts & Figures
- art of motion training in movement gmbh Switzerland: founded in 2004 by Karin Gurtner (training manager), Monika Gurtner (managing director) and Marion Gurtner (all-rounder of the first order).
- art of motion training in movement Australia: founded in 2004 by Karin Gurtner, led by Muriel Morwitzer.
- Contemporary Pilates: Teacher Training since 2004.
- Slings Myofascial Training: Teacher Training since 2008.
- Anatomy Trains in Motion: Teacher Training since 2013.
- Key concerns: Modern, professional movement training courses for exercise professionals as well as therapists.