Slings in Motion II
Slings in Motion II is a repertoire course. The three-dimensional exercise repertoire focuses on the Lateral Line and the Spiral Line of Tom Myers‘Anatomy Trains concept. The short lectures included revolve around two essential Slings Myofascial Training topics: Body tensegrity and movement, Fascia as a gliding system.
Both the Lateral Line and the Spiral Line are involved in elastically spiralling movements. The more ‘quiet’ Lateral Line is the ‘sensory line’ that conveys deep spirals all along the sides of the body. The ‘bolder’ Spiral Line winds around the body like a double helix creating the big myofascial as well as the glandular, energetic spirals.
Each Slings in Motion II exercise and its variations are executed and thoroughly discussed. To further embodiment, enhance understanding of exercise aims and their contribution to myofascial training as a whole, the studied repertoire is woven into functional sequences and master classes.
The Slings in Motion repertoire focuses on the health promoting qualities of the myofascial system that positively influence our postural balance and movement efficiency (in daily life, recreational activities and at work).
Content & Goals
- Exercise repertoire revolving around the following Anatomy Trains’ Myofascial Meridians in theory and practice:
- Lateral Line.
- Spiral Line.
- Exercise variations and sequences of the following two lines in practice.
- Superficial Back Line and Superficial Front Line.
- Experiencing a contrasting blend of dynamic, rhythmical and slow melting exercises and movement sequences.
- Discussing and experiencing myofascial training aims.
- Dynamic stability, adaptability, responsiveness, elasticity, glide, relaxation, tissue hydration and nourishment, body and movement awareness.
- Feeling the effect and implications of individual exercises and the training as a whole.
- Studying exercise aims and movement anatomy.
- Short and long-term goals, applied Slings Training Principles and Training Techniques, involved myofascial structures, integration of props, exercise adaptations.
- Examining the value of specific exercise sequencing.
- Deepening the understanding of the following two essential Slings training components:
- Body-tensegrity and movement.
- Fascia as a gliding system.
- Studying and executing SynerChi Spiral.
- A three-dimensional, rhythmically flowing movement sequence focussing on the dynamic interplay of the Superficial Back Line, Superficial Front Line, Lateral Line and Spiral Line.
- Experiencing three Slings master classes.
- Multifaceted movement lessons blending dynamic flow and melting motions.
|Duration:||3 days (21 hours)|
|Selfstudy time:||42 hours|
|Regular price:||AUD 900|
|Early bird price:||AUD 810|
|Handout:||In-depth education manual with detailed photographic references.|
|Prerequisite:||Anatomy Trains in Motion, Slings Essentials, Slings in Motion I.|
|Certificate:||Certificate of Participation|