Slings Body Reading & Movement Strategies
Do you want to recognise structural relationships in the body from the perspective of the Anatomy Trains body map and apply a cohesive Slings training program to optimize postural balance and movement efficiency? Gain these skills step by step in the Slings Body Reading course.
Train the eye to recognising bony relationships and myofascial strain, as well as the body-wide effects of localised patterns. Based on seven clearly-defined body reading steps, you can define aims for posture-based training and put them into practice with the help of Slings exercises. Issues such as unbalanced tensegrity, dynamic stability and movement efficiency, as well as the influence of physical history, are discussed with many practical examples. Slings Body Reading makes the complexity of holistic posture evaluation accessible and practical for one-on-one and group lessons.
Aims and Content
- Discuss the practical approaches to holistic movement work.
- Discuss the characteristics of balanced posture and efficient movement.
- Discuss the importance of tensegrity and its value for posture, movement and health.
- Explore the centre as a pivot point. Differentiate between active elongation and embodied elongation, as well as their benefits for body, feeling, health and movement.
- Discuss the guidelines for balanced, structural relationships, including practical examples.
- Discuss the difference between temporary postural changes and long-term imbalances and their impact on body, movement, self-awareness and health.
- Discuss the characteristics of posture-based training.
- Discussing the principles and terminology of body reading.
- Discuss the seven steps of body reading.
- Discuss the relevance of physical history in regard to posture and movement.
- Practical application of body reading.
- Create posture-based training programs with exercises from the Slings in Motion repertoire.
|Duration:||3 days (21 hours)|
|Selfstudy time:||30 hours|
|Handout:||In-depth education manual with detailed photographic references.|
|Prerequisite:||Anatomy Trains in Motion (the more Slings Myofascial Training courses the better).|
|Certificate:||Certificate of Participation|