Slings in Motion I Manual
Superficial Back Line & Superficial Front Line
Manual for Embodied Learning
Get Your Book at Amazon
The book is available worldwide.
We at the art of motion Academy are thrilled to offer you the 2022 edition of this comprehensive manual for embodied learning. Slings in Motion I is intended to benefit you personally and enrich you professionally.
Special features of the fascia-focussed movement repertoire:
- The Superficial Back Line and Superficial Front Line of Tom Myers’ Anatomy Trains concept are in the spotlight – their muscular and fascial, postural and movement, as well as sensory functions, are considered with specificity.
- All of the 12 Fascial Movement Qualities of the Slings Myofascial Training concept are deliberately utilised with the aim of improvement.
- A broad range of diverse exercises for the whole body and in all body positions are included (standing, weight-bearing, kneeling, sitting, prone, side-lying, supine).
- The versatility of the repertoire unites rhythmic dynamic exercises with steady slow motions and melting poses.
- Each of the 42 primary exercises features movement variations with and without massage props. Also included are ways to prepare and complement primary exercises.
- Many primary exercises are rounded out with an example of a dynamically balanced movement sequence in which they are embedded, providing context for deepened and embodied learning.
- All primary exercises, variations, and sequences are illustrated with photos that show every phase of a motion.
- All exercises can be woven into the smooth flowing SynerChi sequences shown at the end of the manual.
- Slings in Motion I is a practical guide to enhance your physical functionality and vitality in a resource-oriented integrative manner.
The detailed descriptions of the primary exercises include:
- Overarching exercise aims
- Distinct exercise benefits
- Use of props such as the Slings massage balls, massage domes, trigger balls, and kneeling pad
- Recommended breathing patterns and techniques
- Movement sequences from starting position to execution to conclusion
- Applied Slings Myofascial Training Techniques
- Key points to remember
- Specific instructions for each movement component
- Myofascial movement anatomy
Every exercise in this manual has a multitude of benefits for your body and the way you feel in your body. It is a practical guide to enhance your movement scope and overall wellbeing in a resource-oriented integrative manner.
Slings in Motion I is excellent for body-minded movement teachers, therapists with an affinity for nuanced movement training, or movement enthusiasts. Truly, it is for anyone who values depth in exercise understanding.