Functional Myofascial Anatomy, Pain & Health-Oriented Teaching
Regarding the individual and global burden of pain, back pain is the leading complaint. Rarely life-threatening, back pain can bring a person to their knees, physically and emotionally. Adding to the hardship are outdated beliefs that stubbornly stick around: back pain goes hand in hand with ageing, alterations in the spine lead to pain, or a hurting back is fragile and needs ongoing protection.
Live Online Course with Karin Gurtner
Time zone: Switzerland (CEST, UTC+2)
|Friday||28/10/22||9:00 am - 2:00 pm|
|Saturday||29/10/22||9:00 am - 2:00 pm|
|Sunday||30/10/22||9:00 am - 1:00 pm|
Recording: You will have access to the course recording for 30 days.
Functional Myofascial Anatomy, Pain and Health-Oriented Teaching
This health-oriented course offers a modern, holistic perspective on back pain and a human-centred teaching approach that explores anatomy-based, science-informed, experience-proven movement solutions.
The knowledge gained can be integrated into personal training and group lessons to benefit people with back pain or to prevent it from happening in the first place.
This course does not discuss back pathologies, nor is it covering medically-oriented exercise interventions or rehabilitation techniques.
It also does not give ‘the answer’ to the unresolved global problem of back pain. However, with wholehearted intent, it provides insight and tools to make a positive change in the life of individuals suffering from pain.
Learning Objectives and Goals
- Learn and experience the functional myofascial anatomy of the abdomen and its relationship with the back.
- Learn about the fascial layering of the back.
- Learn the architecture, function, and feeling of the thoracolumbar fascia.
- Know the practical 3-layer model of the thoracolumbar fascia and how to work with it.
- Have a map to trace the myofascial connections of the thoracolumbar fascia.
- Learn and experience the fascial movement qualities of the thoracolumbar fascia as well as training principles.
- Understand pain as a holistic experience.
- Understand stages of back pain and practical implications.
- Learn and experience 6 overarching training aims for healing and sustainably resourcing the back.
- Understand and experience the 3-zone model of Slings Myofascial Training and know how to apply it in practice.
|Self-study time:||10 hours|
|Prerequisite:||Certification in a movement modality (Pilates, Yoga, personal training) or therapy (physiotherapy, etc.)|
|Certificate:||Certificate of Participation|
|Handout:||Detailed PowerPoint presentation as handout (PDF)|
If you join this course live online, have the following training equipment ready:
Available Course Format
- Live Online