Beyond just a strong and defined body, intelligent movement gives us a medium with which to create a more defined version of ourselves.
Immersive Movement, Emerging Being
Join Tom Myers, author of Anatomy Trains, and Karin Gurtner, developer of Anatomy Trains in Motion, for an immersive 5-day program exploring how movement can enhance our well-being at all levels. Learn to alter your psychophysiology by altering the qualities of your movement - generous, dynamic, and melting, or slow and controlled. By studying the “why” beneath the “how” of movement, you’ll gain a deeper sense of your physical, emotional, cognitive, and spiritual self - and how you “move” through the story of your life.
Through in-depth study and practice, you will:
- Work with the properties of fascia and muscle for maximum benefit
- Distinguish perception, proprioception, and interoception in body-sensing and conscious-movement training
- Learn to BodyRead patterns and possibilities using the Anatomy Train body map
- Develop movement strategies to strengthen available resources and transcend old habits. This course is designed for movement professionals, but is open to nonprofessional movers who want to know more and sense differently.
- Perfect for every body - for those familiar with and brand-new to anatomy and movement material.
- Movement and manual therapy professionals can integrate the concepts of homeokinesis (dynamic balance) into their practice and teaching, and tailor movement strategies for each individual.
- Understand the true value and detail of movement, whether in yoga, Pilates, personal training, dance, or rehabilitation - and be able to share its most valuable essence with others.
Sunday to Friday, 5 course days at 1440 Multiversity - Northern Californias newest Wellness Mecca.
Nestled in a redwood forest in Scotts Valley, 1440 Multiversity debuted 2017 after four years of development, planning, and construction. Dedicated to serving as an escape from the busyness and stress of everyday life, 1440 - which takes its name from the number of minutes in a day - offers guests the means to reconnect with themselves, build positive relationships with others, and leave confident enough to lead more integrated, active, and conscious lives. The location for our retreat-like exclusive course with Karin and Tom couldn't be more appropriate.
Price: USD 1250.00 (Tuition only)
Accommodation: all-inclusive accommodation (5 nights) priced separately.
Click here for more information.
Monday to Saturday, 5 course days, 5 nights at Lumeria Retreat in Maui.
Lumeria Maui is a restful Maui retreat resort for the mind, body and spirit. Lumeria Maui channels the essence of Hawaii to help you regenerate and renew for a timeless experience unlike any other. More than just a place to rest your head, it embraces the heritage and culture of Maui’s North Shore and Upcountry regions to help you transform into your best self through education, mindful yoga, and wellness retreat programming. Truly a special place for our exclusive retreat. We look forward to dive into the wonderful world of "Immersive Movement, Emerging Being" with you.
Package Price - USD 3695.00
- 5 nights lodging at Lumeria Retreat on beautiful Maui, Hawaii
- Tuition for Immersive Movement, Emerging Being with Tom Myers and Karin Gurtner
- Welcome Dinner January 21
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner January 22
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner January 23
- Breakfast, Lunch January 24
- Breakfast January 25
- Breakfast January 26
Click here for more information.