Concept by Karin Gurtner (art of motion)
Endorsed by Thomas W. Myers (Anatomy Trains)
- Anatomy Trains as a holistic body map for movement.
- Myofascial meridian anatomy ‘translated’ into movement art.
- Real world movement explained via the Anatomy Trains lines.
- Linking structure to function.
- Connecting understanding and embodiment.
A couple of weeks ago, I walked out the door wearing a red dress and red shoes. Richard, my friend and downstairs neighbor, was at the same time watering a red geranium. We started talking about art, the wonder of water and the contrasting magic of life, therefore movement.
At 5am the next morning we sat in my matchbox of a car driving south to a dried out salt lake near Perth, ready to play. We had no script and no grand plan, just a bag full of red clothes, a wine glass, a bottle of water and two goals: to have fun and to practice for the 'real thing'.
As it turned out, we had the 'real thing' in our hands, yet all along we had only played. It's a short clip and like a dream, it tells many stories. The story you see is for you, from us.
Karin & Richard